The tomato is consumed in diverse ways, including raw, as an ingredient in many dishes and sauces, and in drinks. While it is botanically a fruit, it is considered a vegetable for culinary purposes.
Tomato Varieties – Based on Shape and Size
- Slicing” or “globe”
- Beefsteak tomatoes
- Oxheart tomatoes
- Plum tomatoes
- Pear tomatoes
- Cherry tomatoes
- Grape tomatoes
- Campari tomatoes
Types of Tomato Plants
Tomato Varieties in Sri Lanka
Farm Frenzy 1,2,3
The goal in a Farm Frenzy game is to raise animals, process the goods they produce and sell the products for cash. To raise animals, the player must regularly water the grass they eat. A well with a limited capacity supplies the water and costs money to refill. Once the player buys an animal, the animal starts eating grass and dropping goods for the player to pick up. For example, chickens lay eggs, sheep produce wool and cows produce milk. The goods the player picks up are stored in a warehouse with limited capacity. From there, the player may either sell the goods by having a truck transport them to town or turn them into more valuable goods using a specific processing facility.
||Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android, Nintendo DS
||Farm Frenzy 3: Ancient Rome
Sri Lanka’s forests are amongst the most floristically rich in Asia and for some fauna groups, it has the highest density of species diversity in the world. Medicinal Plants Provide Evidence for High Biodiversity in Sri Lanka.
෴Bin Kohomba -බිං කොහොඹ෴
බිං කොහොඹ -Bin Kohomba
- Botanical name: Munronia pinnata
- Family: Meliaceae
- Habitat:Shady Forests
- Part Used:Whole Plant with roots
- Uses:Used for control fever & Skin diseases
- Chemicals:Anti Malarial drug
- Special Facts:Shade loving plant 60 %, Important crude drug. Continue reading
Organic farming methods combine scientific knowledge of ecology and modern technology with traditional farming practices based on naturally occurring biological processes. Organic farming tends to tolerate some pest populations while taking a longer-term approach. Organic pest control involves the cumulative effect of many techniques.
- Allowing for an acceptable level of pest damage
- Encouraging predatory beneficial insects to control pests;
- Encouraging beneficial microorganisms and insects; this by serving them nursery plants and/or an alternative habitat
- Planting companion crops that discourage or divert pests
- Using row covers to protect crops during pest migration periods
- Using pest regulating plants and biologic pesticides and herbicides using no-till farming, and no-till farming techniques
Major Techniques Used in Organic Pest Control
-Organic pest & Disease control is similar to integrated pest management & integrated disease Management in some respects.